This is an un-assembled 1/152nd scale model of a Ferret Mk.1 that measures 25mm long, 12mm wide, and 10mm high. It weighs 8g and consists of 8 parts that are made of lead-free pewter alloy.
In Service - 1951 through to the early 90s (some used in the first Gulf War)
The Ferret Mk. 1 was an open topped vehicle, known affectionately by its crew as "the bucket." The vehicle was made in batches by Daimler from 1951 right up to 1967 at their factory in Coventry, with the first ones entering service in 1952. They carried on in service with the British Army and many overseas armies right up to the early 1990s. They could be seen in a variety of different paint schemes from the original semi-gloss deep bronze green to sand and green when used in Aden in the early 1960s, white when serving with the UN in Cyprus, and sand for the first Gulf War in 1990/91.